review: DressGreen unDressed Mild and Moisturizing...
I bought this bar sort of by accident. I was looking for a mild facial cleansing bar, containing skin-soothing ingredients like coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, and vitamin E. DressGreen makes many kinds of soaps, including ones for your face, but I accidentally bought the one made for body skin. Oh well, no big loss - I’m a bit of a handmade soap junkie so I was excited to try it out...
More often than not, you’ll find yourself, & your truth, way out there on...– Gala Darling
There is no such thing as not having time to do something you love. “I don’t...– Ega Jones
The easiest songs to write are pure fiction. There is no limit to how you can...– Jason Mraz
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The best lazy girl investment is a...– Retro Chick’s “Lazy Girl’s Guide to Glamorous Winter Wear”
Glamour isn’t about whisps of frilly lace, it’s about looking and feeling good.– Retro Chick’s “Lazy Girl’s Guide to Glamorous Winter Wear”
my top 10 beauty essentials, currently
1. Lush Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser I needed a cleanser that was scrubby, but not drying. After spending much time poring over the Lush website, I chose this one. It has a soft clay-like texture and comes in a little plastic tub. The ground almonds exfoliate, while the clay soaks up excess oil. It has a lovely herbal smell and cleanses my combination-to-dry skin very well. 2. Lush...
things I REALLY, REALLY love lately:
1. organic ginger tea 2. The Softies 3. Death Cab For Cutie 4. my improv team 5. Sugarpill eyeshadows 6. shopping for handmade soaps 7. Lush products 8. MakeupAlley 9. female-owned sex shops 10. butch storytellers
Another year is fast approaching. Go be that starving artist you’re afraid to...– Jason Mraz
Anonymous asked: does it make me a hypocrite that I'm never okay with rape jokes, but I don't really care about racist/sexist/any other offensive jokes?
See, when you hate someone, you just spend unnecessary amounts of time thinking...– Professor Bourassa (via kosteloski)
At the angle that you’re sitting, and the way Tru’s licking herself,...– Max
kaylakantola replied to your post: programs I applied to, in order of preference:Come to Emerson! It’s in Boston and it has SUCH a strong journalism program. Also it has an extremely strong artistic and musical community. AND a sign language program. :) I totally don’t have the money to move away from Toronto, but I need to visit Boston someday! overcastmusic replied to your post: programs...
programs I applied to, in order of preference:
1. Ryerson - Journalism 2. Centennial - Journalism 3. Ryerson - English 4. Ryerson - Arts and Contemporary Studies 5. Humber - Journalism 6. George Brown - ASL and Deaf Studies 7. Seneca - Journalism Lovin’ the random Deaf Studies program in there. My guidance counselor was like, “You can still apply to one more school without having to pay extra… Are you sure there...
Why the friendzone is bullshit and self-proclaimed... →
angels-and-angles: Wow, accidentally deleted my original post. Reblogging so I can keep it in my archives. —— As defined by urban dictionary, the friendzone is… “When you are expected to support a girl you really like while she searches for a smarter, richer, and more handsome boyfriend. There is little you can do without feeling like a dick. All in all, one of the meanest things a girl can...
Being an experienced masturbator will help you be a successful lover more than...– Autostraddle, “How to Have Lesbian Sex For the First Time”
1. Choose or find an herbal tea that you absolutely love, and make it your ritual to drink a cup or two of it every night. You can do this meditatively, or while reading a good book, or over a conversation with someone comforting. Pay attention to the warmth of the mug in your hand, the warmth flowing into your body, healing you. 2. When you feel stressed out, scatterbrained, or otherwise...
How is it that bisexual deniers still exist?!
Okay, I get that you find it difficult to imagine what it would be like to be attracted to both sexes, but that doesn’t mean NO ONE is. Idiots. That’s EXACTLY like saying you don’t believe in leprosy or malaria because you’ve never actually seen someone who had it. SO FUCKING STUPID.
coolalchemy asked: hahaha i actually love the idea. my journalism essay is about how machines are like, becoming a presaging factor for the industry. i dunno, i think it's shit at the moment, but i'm confident in my portfolio so hopefully i get some good news! good luck to you :)
When you find that you have a good thing, don’t take it for granted. Show your...– Ega Jones
my top 10 all-time favorite albums, in no...
1. Jeremy Larson - They Reappear 2. Tegan and Sara - The Con 3. The Softies - Holiday in Rhode Island 4. John Mayer - Heavier Things 5. John Legend - Once Again 6. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes 7. Regina Spektor - Soviet Kitsch 8. Stacey Kent - Dreamsville 9. Chris Garneau - Music For Tourists 10. Death Cab For Cutie - Narrow Stairs You MUST listen to all of these, if you haven’t...
shjaron: How Not To Care What Other People Think Of You An article on rookiemag, which I’ve become obssessed with, written by Tavi, whose writings I ‘m particularly fond of… Seriously, READ THIS ARTICLE, it will rock your world.
I think most people are afraid of dressing a little stranger or cuter because...– “How to Not Care What People Think of You” (thanks for the recommendation, Sharon!)
I just got a spam e-mail that said “Peter watches Quagmire do his wife” and I was like, “Huh, that actually sounds kinda hot.”
Damian: "You're always on some kind of 'kick'...
He knows me so well.
I've got an extra $15 lying around in my Paypal...
What should I buy?
Anonymous asked: what menstrual cup would you recommend? i wasn't a fan of the diva cup i tried - any suggestions?
things I obsessively window-shop for on eBay...
1. natural soaps 2. Coach handbags 3. condoms 4. menstrual cups 5. eyeshadow + primer My Etsy favorites are glorious. Also, my amazing new soap from DressGreen arrived today! Except, I don’t actually know if it’s amazing yet, because I haven’t even unwrapped it. Maybe I’ll do a write-up once I finish up my Lush Candy Cane soap and move on to this new one.
best "That's What She Said," when the DVD was...
Damian: “Is it not working? You want me to pop it out, rub it on my belly, then pop it back in?”
I deleted my Reddit account...
…after threatening to do so multiple times over the past month, because it’s just crawling with misogyny and homophobia. For a website that seems to pride itself on being progressive and open-minded, it really is anything but. The final straw for me was a discussion I got into with a bunch of guys tonight about rape culture. They claimed it doesn’t exist; I told them it most...
My university application essay is about handjobs.
Ryerson’s journalism program asks you to write an essay about a specific piece of journalism that inspired you to want to be a part of the field. I wrote mine about Grant Stoddard’s article I Did It For Science: Happy Ending, wherein he attempts to get a handie from an Asian masseuse (“for science!”). The essay ends with something like, “And so it’s thanks...